Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Cabo San Lucas Day 2 (Fri, Feb 21, 2014)

This was one of my favorite days in Cabo. I woke up early thinking I would get to the gym and get a run in before it was packed. I don't like running on treadmills much, but I figured I would manage since they overlooked the ocean. The gym only had 3 treadmills so I was out of luck for a very long run. I only ran 4 miles and felt guilty because there were people waiting to run. I decided running wasn't worth it on this trip so I didn't even bother the rest of the trip. John and I walked up the beach from our resort toward the marina and took a water taxi to Lovers Beach. I had never really been to a beach besides California so I loved just walking along the beach! The boat ride took us out past El Arco, the Pacific Window (where you can see the Pacific Ocean from the Sea of Cortez side), and a colony of Sea Lions.

Lover's Beach is on the Sea of Cortez side and Divorce Beach is on the Pacific Ocean side of the Peninsula. Lover's Beach is super calm and Divorce Beach had huge waves! We explored Lovers Beach a little bit and headed over to Divorce Beach to see what that was all about.
This sign is not lying! The waves were huge!!! I totally got why the whole Lovers/Divorce thing. We spent the morning exploring the caves along the peninsula. We walked along the the Lover's Side up to Pelican Beach and spent awhile swimming there. I am a baby and the water was not a hot tub so I spent time on the beach and John swam out further than I did. John wanted to swim out to Pelican Rock and jump off it but I was lame. I wanted to take him back out there later in the trip and jump but we ended up not having time. :( It was so nice to relax and spend time together though!
We took a water taxi back across the Sea of Cortez and walked along the beach back to our hotel. We were both exhausted! It was quite a little journey so we ate a late lunch and then lounged by the pool. John took a nice little nap and I read for awhile. I never read and it's because I always have so many other things I need to do. It was nice to have nothing that needed to be done.
We ate at a Japanese restaurant that night with some friends and had a fun time laughing. I didn't love the food so I went to the buffet after and ate some more dessert and I was good. We spent that evening watching one of the shows that the resort put on with some friends. It was a fun day!

0 comments: