Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The CAT in the HAT in a whole new LIGHT



Last night I was putting the boys to bed when DR. SEUSS' THE CAT IN THE HAT brought a whole new dimension of FUN to our lives. Coleton picked the book to read, so I sat in the rocking chair with Coleton on one leg and Easton on the other and began reading...."The sun did not shine. It was too wet to play..." We got to the part "Lots of good fun that is FUNNY......a lot of good TRICKS. I will show them to you." Immediately, I could feel the EXCITEMENT coming from Coleton when the words FUNNY & TRICKS were said....(the light started to come on in my head.) We continue on with the story... When I saw the picture of the cat STANDING on a ball balancing a fish in a bowl and other items the light totally came on in my head.....Coleton is going to try to BALANCE on a ball holding a glass bowl full of water!!!! " 'HAVE NO FEAR!' said the cat. 'I will not let you fall. I will hold you up high as I stand on a ball...." I asked Coleton if he thought this trick was neat to which he replied, "YES, I AM GOING TO TRY IT."

I am going to have to keep a CLOSE eye on him today because I know that just TELLING him about the HUGE mess it would make and the BROKEN HEAD it will cause, will not deter him from actually trying it! It should be an interesting day!

9 comments:

Jessica said...

Good Luck with that one, since I can also see Coleton trying such a trick.

Unknown said...

Oh man! That is too funny. He must be his father's son. I hope you can avoid the hospital when he succeeds in trying this stunt!

Kara said...

Ha ha ..better watch him close...do you have a fish bowl? YIKES!

Beth and Jess said...

I love little boys!!!!

I'm Mindy. said...

I love it when you can see the wheels turning in the kids heads...

Best of luck!

The Bliss Family said...

Hello Winn family! I hope you don't mind, I found your blog through Staci's. I've been meaning to ask you what your blog address is, and I keep forgetting. I'm glad I found it! Don't you just love little boys...that sounds like something Simon would have Nolan try. :O)

Ali Holt said...

Hey you guys! That was so fun to see your comment on our blog. Whenever i see family I get so excited, especially being away like we are! Your kids are getting so big, Josh and I are sitting here in absolute amazement. They are adorable, we miss you guys and will be home for Christmas! I hope we get to see you guys!

The Hill's said...

Your family pictures are so cute!

Jenni said...

This made me laugh and think of Rob. We have two girls. I want a boy. Every time Rob sees boy do something like this he looks at me and says, "Do you really want a boy?" Like I am crazy! But we have Signe to pull stunts like that!