Friday, March 27, 2009

Under Construction!

We have been in the process of transforming the boys' bedroom from a "baby" room to a "big boy" room. One minor problem....we still technically have a baby that sleeps in a crib. (Seriously is 20 months old enough to sleep in a twin bed?)This is the progress we have made so far. Until I am brave enough to take Easton out of the crib, the rest will have to wait.

A year or so ago I found this picture and fell in love with it. The whole room will be centered around this saying.



I need honest opinions because I am not sure if I love the paint. The lower wall is a darker tan than the top..(unless you have eyes like John does and insist that it is practically the same color :0) I painted the whole back wall the darker tan...I am not sure if that is the reason I don't love it. Maybe it would look better all the same...ideas anyone?


On a side note, what mom cannot be proud of this! "Look how much food I can fit in my mouth."

10 comments:

I'm Mindy. said...

Very cute room...I like the contrasting wall!

The Hill's said...

Make sure you never look at my kids rooms because next to your kids' mine looks hideous. I think you're gonna have to give me some pointers.

Jerilee E. said...

I think it looks so cute! My house came with NO paint done at all so I've been wanting to paint since we moved in... I think you may be inspiring me!

Jessica said...

So honestly, I am kind of with John on the paint colors, I can see the difference but there almost isn't a big enough difference. I am not sure you would like my suggestion since it requires repainting but I do like the darker tan on the bottom it - seems to match the bedding better, but I would have done it on the top and maybe do a chocolate brown on the bottom that matches the bedding. Overall I think it is cute and I LOVE that the ladder is on the top bunk which is exactly where Olivia's is too. Don't need any broken bones, especially with Easton being such a climber.

Jessica said...

Also not sure if you have been out there but HomeGoods it is the TJ Max decor store, it is out at Brickyard, has a ton of sports themed decorations and wall accents in those same colors.

Kris and Q said...

I love the cute quote saying and the room is looken good. You always do a very nice job on decorating.

Alice said...

I love the room Holly! So cute, I remember your house here and it was darling, I'm sure your house looks the same there! Great Job!

The Loves said...

I love that picture. I have never seen it before. Where did you find it? The room looks good. Banks was two when I took him out of his crib. It was hard because he was such a great sleeper in it. It was hard on me because it made me think that no crib, meant no more babies. Your kids are so cute. I see a lot of Jensen in them!! - but then I don't know the Winns!!!

Kim said...

So I am also agreeing with John the paint color looks about the same(maybe it is just the pic)! I do think it is adorable though and how fun with the bunk beds. Lauren has been begging for bunk beds she thinks Londyn is big enough for the bottom (is 3 months ok?) :) Anyway Lauren was in a full bed at 18 months and did great. Thank you for the gift card by the way that was very thoughtful.

The Bliss Family said...

I can't really tell the difference between the paint colors either. . . but it does look cute! I have been debating whether or not to put Bella in a big girl bed too. . .are they really that old?!?