Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Oh My Heaven Hailey is Seven!




I can't believe it was seven years ago this morning that I was trying so hard NOT to have a baby because John was in California. But, when Hailey sets her mind to something there is no turning back..and so she came. John got the call at about 10 am to come to Utah as fast as possible. I am sure that the hours following my call were some of the longest of his life. I can picture him sitting in the airport with his leg bouncing a million miles an hour. About 4:30 that afternoon, the nurse told me we couldn't wait any longer. I was to a seven and that was really too far considering I was having a C-section. My reply..."John is at 4500 S. PLEASE JUST WAIT!" And so they did. John reached the hospital, they dressed him in the space suit and in we went to have our precious baby.
She is such a kind person and we are so glad she is part of our family!!

7 comments:

I'm Mindy. said...

That is honestly some story...Poor John, I can only imagine the anxiety he must have been feeling..

Happy Birthday Hailey!

Kara said...

Wow, nice first baby story! I can't believe how old she is. When I married Kurt she was so little! She is so dang cute and I always look forward to hearing the funny things she says.

Beth and Jess said...

That whole thing feels like yesterday. I can't believe our little babies are turning 7!!!!! Happy Birthday Hailey. We all gathered around the phone to call her and then realized it was 10:00 there. I am a horrible aunt!!!

The Hill's said...

She is such a cute girl! You guys are going to be in trouble when she's older.

Kellie said...

Ahh, Happy Birthday Hailey! That is a crazy story; I'm glad John was able to get there!

Jenni said...

I still remember when you were seven-ish, at one of the family reunions running around chasing minnows and crying "Oh my stars!" I see a little you in Hailey.

Debi B said...

Hi Holly! I can't believe Hailey is 7.. that is wild! She is such a beautiful girl! :)