Monday, July 28, 2008

First Grade!

Today was Haileys first day of school. She was so excited. At 5:30 this morning, she crawled into bed with John and I. She just stayed there for a second, and then she tapped me on the shoulder and said, "Mom, do you remember that I am starting first grade today?" As we were getting her ready, I asked her if she had said her prayers yet, she hadn't. She told me she would be awhile and went into her room and shut the door. I think she was nervous, but she would never admit it. I was happy to see that she knew she could pray to Heavenly Father for help and peace. She had a great day and loved having three recesses, and eating lunch at school.

Hailey and her friends lining up for class.

I loved this picture. Hailey and her little girl friends were so excited to see eachother and see their new backpacks and clothes.


6 comments:

I'm Mindy. said...

Yeah...That is so exciting for Hailey. How are you doing... I am not so sure yet. So many changes!!

The Loves said...

Wow! Time goes by so fast! Max doesn't start unitl after Labor Day, since our school isn't finished. I am so excited for him, but so sad for me. All day really is a long time. I am so glad that she had a good day. I hope that you did too!

Kara said...

How fun! she looks so cute!! I don't think I ever want Ethan to get to this point! Time flies way too fast!

Beth and Jess said...

I love Hailey checking out her posse's clothes. Sounds so much like Tessa. She told me the other day "Mom I have no pretty clothes and you know I am totally into fashion so I should."

Shay Olsen Photography said...

Holy cow! We are getting old!! Kamree does not start until August 20th you are so lucky!!! she looks so big and so beautiful... Wow our babies are going into 1st grade, where has the time gone. How did you handle it?

Brooke said...

Holly,
The blog is so cute! I love the picts of first grade, I can't believe that she is that big!
Brooke