Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Hailey's Fieldtrip

Hailey got to go to the dump, Landfill, Copper Mine, and Copperton Park for her field trip this year. I was lucky enough to go with her. We had a great time....except for the bee in the bus window...that was a little stressful. Luckily, Mrs Birge, Hailey's teacher came to the rescue and trapped it. Anywho, the Landfill was stinky but kind of interesting. We learned why it is called a landfill and not a dump, how they cover the garbage and about recycling. Who knew we are like the 2nd worst area in the United States when it comes to recycling! (Start using those blue garbage cans people:)) We also got to enjoy a bus ride tour of the hole where they are putting the garbage. The Seagulls where the big hit! The kids thought they were so COOL!
The copper mine was fun. I haven't been up there since my fieldtrip when I was Hailey's age so it was fun to see. I have to say that I love little girls this age. They are so grown up and funny! Good Times for all!!!!
Kyla, Hailey, Brittany, and Lisa


Hailey's friend Jackson

1 comments:

Jerilee E. said...

Ha! The 'dump' thing made me laugh :). I would have never thought of going there- but interesting, I suppose!