Monday, December 29, 2008

Our Christmas




Wow, Christmas is over????

On Christmas Eve, we spent the evening at John's mom's house. The kids performed the annual nativity. As usual, Easton was not very into it...I had to be Mary's nanny to get him to stay. Coleton was a great Shepard, and Hailey took her job as an angel very seriously.

On Christmas morning, Hailey woke up at 5:00. We made her wait until 6:30 to wake up the boys..I am sure it was the longest morning of her life. The kids made a haul. Easton actually got into the present opening action.

We ended up not visiting our Grandmas this year on Christmas day, the first time in my life, but it took us way too long to dig out with all of the snow we received.

We did make it to John's mom's and then to my parents.

At the Jensen party on Christmas night, the kids got to play Away in a Manger with the bells at one of my mom's friends houses. She is sick with cancer. The kids loved it. Then, we went back to grandmas and my parents had made everyone marshmallow guns. Oh the mess....but it was fun. Easton just walked around and ate all of the marshmallows off of the floor. Hailey would have nothing to do with it, and Coleton loved it!

We had a great Christmas! My favorite part was on Tuesday night before Christmas. Our little family had an evening dedicated to Jesus. We talked about the nativity story and I know that the kids felt the spirit, that made my whole Christmas!

10 comments:

Shay Olsen Photography said...

holy snow!!!! I can not believe how much snow you guys got, I thought we had a lot but not nearly what you guys had... Looks like Santa found your family. I want to wish you a happy New Year... Take care!

I'm Mindy. said...

Looks like you guys had a great Christmas!! We missed seeing you at Grandmas'!

Jenni said...

I did it! I prayed for a white Christmas! I missed it up here in Washington. But we got it too. A lot of it. This area hadn't gotten that much snow since 1968! It was so much fun though. Luckily our rain came back, so our foot or so of snow is gone. Sounds like you had a fun Christmas.

Happy New Year!

Beth and Jess said...

Your kids are so so cute!!! I love baby Jesus. Wiggly children are what make the nativity so wonderful!!!! I hope the kids liked their gifts. We missed you guys and love seeing the pictures!!!

Beth and Jess said...

Oh and I LOVED seeing your house messy. :)

the nayz said...

cute matching pjs. Did Hailey go to bed with her hair done, or did you do it before you took pictures? And, what a relief to know that your house gets messy at least once a year!!

Kris and Q said...

Yeah, the weather was crazy all right! I am so glad to hear that you had a great Christmas to. Thats great how you guys have so many plays for the kids to take part in. I'm sure they love that.

Jenni said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. Cute pictures.

Kara said...

Looks like you guys had a good christmas!! We didn't make it to Grandma's this year either. It seems like every year Christmas just gets busier and busier!!

The Loves said...

Marshmallow Guns are the best! My parents gave some to my boys a while back - quite the mess, but oh so fun! Christmas morning was crazy with all that snow!