Thursday, November 13, 2008

Bye Bye BINKY

I think that it is TRUE...the more kids you have, the more laid back you become....I didn't let Hailey or Coleton stay attached to BABY stuff this long, but because Easton is my baby, he got to be one for longer.
I FINALLY took Easton's binky away yesterday. He is 15 months old, and honestly, if he would use words instead of scream when he wants something, he could have kept his binky FOREVER, but I am so ready for him to talk. Luckily, he has only asked for it twice...not with words, just the "b" sound and pointing to his mouth...followed of course by a very loud scream! But hip hip hooray it is gone and we made it through the first night....only 3 minutes of crying and then he slept until 6 am this morning!

11 comments:

I'm Mindy. said...

Yeah!!! Cant believe "your baby" is so big! Movin up in the world!

Jenni said...

Thats great. I havn't dare to take daltons yet. I also took Anistons at 12 months, I'm just not ready to put up with not having it.

Greg and Heather said...

Too bad I can't take away Nate's thumb!

Alice said...

Okay, I guess it's time for Mia too! (She is almost 2) this gave me hope though that it can be done!

Allred Family said...

You are so lucky, Sage STILL sucks her thumb. I cannot believe how big he is getting, he is not a baby anymore!!!!

Beth and Jess said...

Way to go Holly. Does that mean I should be getting rid of my almost FIVE year olds sippy cup? Yeah your right I don't think I need to yet either. :)

Unknown said...

That's pretty impressive that he only cried for three minutes. When we took Whitney's away, it did not go over well at all. My biggest concern was keeping her quiet in church.

Tiffany said...

Will was 2 and a half, so way to go!! And it was replaced with sippy cups, he would only use it for nap and bed. He still has to have a cup by his bed, luckily and finally its just a normal cup! Matthew wouldn't take a binky, I'm still trying to decide what was worse....

The Hill's said...

That is so good you got him off it and it sounds like he adjusted really well

Brooke said...

Holly, I can't believe he is that old! He still seems like a baby to me! Sorry I missed you the other day! I will call you tomorrow morning!

Jenni said...

So true! I took my first daughter's sippy cup away when she was two. I JUST took Signe's away when she turned five. Call me a bad parent, but she was so much messier than Hannah. I and was so much less uptight!